Our goal will be to have 3 teams per grade level grades 4th-8th grade. All players that are interested in trying out for the travel program will be given the opportunity to do so. Our tryout process will be a 2-day event for each grade level. At the tryout process the boys will be working out in front of a group of evaluators that are from outside the STMA community. Tryout dates are as follows:
· Sunday, September 26th High School Main Gym
- 12:00PM -1:30PM 4th Grade
- 1:45PM - 3:15PM 5th Grade
- 3:30PM - 5:00PM 6th Grade
- 5:15PM – 6:45PM 7th Grade
- 7:00PM - 8:30PM 8th Grade
· Monday, September 27th Middle School West
- 6:00PM - 7:30PM 7th Grade
- 8:00PM - 9:30PM 8th Grade
· Tuesday, September 28th Middle School West
- 5:00PM - 6:15PM 4th Grade
- 6:45PM - 8:00PM 5th Grade
- 8:30PM - 9:45PM 6th Grade
The travel program fee for the season is $375. This season most of the tournaments that we have agreed to travel to will not be having a “gate fee” for admission. Instead they have increased the entry fee for the team to play in. We have a small increase in our fee for the year, however, we believe that this increase will actually be a benefit to our families. You should save money by not having weekend “gate fees.”
Pre-Tryout Clinic: The Boys Basketball Program is offering a 4-week skills clinic to allow players time in the gym to prepare for tryouts. Varsity players will work with youth athletes to improve their ball handling, dribbling and shooting. 3 v 3 will also be played as time allows. The cost is $40 for all four dates. You may select single clinic dates to attend for $10 per date, if you aren't able to attend all four dates. There are no processing fees associated with this registration.
- Wednesday, September 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd
- Middle School West
- Grades 4, 5, & 6 from 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Grades 7 & 8 from 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Advanced Skills Clinic: This Advanced Skills Clinic is designed for players who are looking to build on their fundamentals they have developed. This is not for beginners. The camp will focus on enhancing ball handling, shooting, and footwork through skill development drills and live situations. We hope this will provide players with the opportunity to be challenged and further their basketball abilities.
-Middle School West
The Knights’ game plan this season is to score points on and off the court! The high school basketball players are making positive connections in the STMA community in various ways:
Giving back to the community is always a Slam Dunk!